Saturday, October 25, 2014

Face Book post about pride and judgement

By Nicolas Begley
The most judgmental people I know are those who condemn others for being "judgmental."

The most hateful people I know are those who condemn others for being "hateful."

The most prideful people I know are those who condemn others for being "prideful."

The most immature people I know are those who condemn others for being "immature."

The most condemning people I know are those who condemn others for being "condemning."

This list can go and on. One of my former youth pastors once told me over a decade ago that such people (mentioned above) do so because it reaffirms their self-hatred for their own sins. I believe him to be correct on this matter. Sometimes, such people will imagine their own sins in other people in order to superimpose accusations and condemnations upon them. In case you are wondering, I do admit to having fallen into these traps many a time myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment